July 5, 2017

One Word: Reset

I look forward to sales meetings because I always leave with a refreshed perspective, new ideas to provide more value to my retail partners and info on new product introductions.

Oh....and also gifts.

From the Knack sales meeting last month, my favorite gift is a book called "One Word That Will Change Your Life" by Dan Britton, Jimmy Page & Jon Gordon.   

Book cover of my favorite gift from last month's sales meeting
I'm always looking to add to my collection of books that offer tips to improve professionally or personally - often both - and this one does not disappoint.  It's a short read that guides you through an exercise to identify one word to provide focus and get you closer to your goals.  Your one word will change over time as you reach goals and change priorities.

My word for the remainder of 2017 - RESET.

June took a hectic turn with a schedule heavy on meetings, travel, sales appointments as well as some lingering automobile drama.  My focus was scattered because I'm easily distracted by shiny objects, and I wasn't happy with my results.

July commences with a more settled routine and a new set of wheels - as well as the awareness that I need to take a step back, sharpen my focus on my business and recommit to my goals.


Sometimes in business - and life in general - your instincts tell you something needs to change.  It's such a relief to figure out you can correct your course with a few adjustments and attention to detail rather than a complete overhaul.

In wholesale terms, it's already Q4 and the most important time to be focused on reaching sales goals, building relationships and bringing top-notch, profitable ideas to my retail partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment