December 29, 2016

Preview 2017 - Redwood Soap Co

Goat's milk bar soap and liquid hand wash, aloe-based hand & body lotion in 6 fragrances
Last month I visited Staunton for some courtesy calls with existing accounts, but I also wanted to connect with a newer retailer I learned about through social media but had not yet met.  My mission was to change that since they can clearly make money from several of the product lines I represent.

November is a tricky time to connect with potential new accounts.  In retail terms, November is Christmas and new sales reps can be unwelcome even when we come in peace for a meet-and-greet.

And so I walked into Redwood & Company unannounced, uninvited and unknown braced for whatever reception greeted me.

Well, Chris and Mark could not have been more welcoming (whew!).  In the course of conversation, I learned they have developed and manufacture their own line of personal care products - and are looking to grow their list of retailers. 

Long story short - I'm your new sales guy for Redwood Soap Co!  This was not one of the reactions I braced for.  It was even better, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Territory is a new fragrance to the collection with a more masculine appeal
Our body care line, Redwood Soap Co. was created in the Spring of 2013 after a failed search to find a well-made, all natural product that was gentle yet effective on the skin. But, being as stubborn as we are, we set out to create our own. From what started as milking goats on the family farm and many, MANY bars of soap later, we arrived at what you see today - a rich, gentle bar of soap made from the finest goats milk, all-natural ingredients, and therapeutic grade essential oils. Taking all that hands on knowledge, we are now working to expand our product line to include body lotions, lip balms, scrubs, and more. 
Redwood Soap products are all made in small batches right here in Virginia! The hand wash and lotion are both sold in recycled glass containers and retail for $15.  The bar soap retails for $10.

All products are available in six everyday fragrances - Lemongrass Zen, Lavender Meadow, Orange Grove, Fresh, Bright and Territory. 

If you're intrigued but wondering if you can sell this, I can tell you that on both my initial visit as well as a follow-up visit to the store that customers were purchasing multiple items even though that was not the original reason they came in.  The appeal of carrying bath products is that they are consumable and customers return to buy more.

And yes, I do have samples you can smell and try before making the decision to stock Redwood products.    So please let's make time to meet so you can experience the product and join me in supporting local business!

No comments:

Post a Comment