June 1, 2015

It's June 1st - time to start planning for fall

It's June 1st!  For normal people, that conjures visions of summer vacation, kids out of school, flip flops, cookouts, convertibles, 70s music (okay, maybe that's just me) and bodies of water.

In our biz, though, it also brings the excitement of new product introductions for fall, travel to market and the thrill of finding those stocking stuffer items that will make your Q4 business shine.


Just because life's pace slows down doesn't mean there isn't plenty to do.  Take this time to review your spring business.  What worked well for you?  What didn't sell as well as you expected?  What were your customers asking for that you didn't have - but want to have on their next visit?

You have probably placed your orders for holiday-specific merchandise.  Now is the time to plan your smaller gift items - the stocking stuffers, the office gifts, the secret Santa gifts - that can make or break your holiday sales.

There's just as much excitement over on my side, as well.  My biggest news is that I'm adding a major line to my package on June 15th but cannot officially announce it until then.  If we chat before then, though, you can likely wheedle it out of me. 

My current lines will also be adding product, and Werner Frank will be adding some exciting new lines.  You can expect a series of Fall 2015 Preview posts here with highlights of what's new.  The Abbott Tuesday and SPI Thursday series will also continue.

All that is exciting, but I know what you're really wondering - what are the show specials?  As they are announced, I will be posting them in the Specials section on the right sidebar.  Many show specials run for the duration of market season, so you may be eligible even if you don't write your order during a show. 


If you have plans to attend the Atlanta show or New York show (or both), I'm available to work with you at either one.  In Atlanta, I can work with you in the Werner Frank showroom, the Abbott showroom, the Vance Kitira showroom or my new line's showroom (hint: it's in building 3).  In New York, I can work with you at the Vance Kitira booth, the Paddywax booth, the Studio Oh booth and my TBA line's booth.

For a few companies, I expect to have samples and sales materials prior to market if you prefer to meet beforehand and get your orders in the queue ahead of the crowds.

Take time this summer to review your business and recharge your battery so you can face the fall secure in the knowledge that you are going to meet all your customers' needs.  I look forward to working with each of you to help make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment